...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in New
Passaic River At Pine Brook affecting Essex, Passaic, and Morris
...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL TOMORROW AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Passaic River At Pine Brook.
* WHEN...Until tomorrow afternoon.
* IMPACTS...At 19.0 feet, Street flooding begins in Fairfield
including Camp Lane Road. Two Bridges Road is closed going into
Lincoln Park and Wayne.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 9:15 PM EST Friday the stage was 19.1 feet.
- Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours
ending at 9:15 PM EST Friday was 19.1 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 19.1
feet just after midnight tonight. It will then fall below
flood stage early tomorrow afternoon.
- Flood stage is 19.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of
19.1 feet on 06/23/2003.
Stream Fld Observed Fcsts (7 pm) Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Sat Sun Stg Time Date
Pine Brook 19.0 19.1 Fri 9 pm 18.9 18.5 19.1 1am 1/28
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov/phi.
The next statement will be issued Saturday morning by 945 AM EST.