...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 915 AM MST WEDNESDAY...
* WHAT...Small stream flooding caused by rain and snowmelt continues.
* WHERE...A portion of south central Arizona, including the
following county, Maricopa.
* WHEN...Until 915 AM MST Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying
and flood-prone locations is expected to occur tonight. Streams
continue to steadily rise due to excess runoff from earlier
rainfall. Low-water crossings are expected to be inundated with
water and may not be passable. This includes the low water
crossings along Cave Creek at Spur Cross Road, Morningstar Road
and Desert Hills Road.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 925 PM MST, Gauge reports indicated increased flow in Cave
Creek due to heavy rain and snowmelt. Up to 1 inch of rain
has fallen and additional rain is expected overnight.
- This includes the following streams and drainages...
Grapevine Wash, Galloway Wash, New River, Apache Wash, Seven
Springs Wash, Rodger Creek, Cottonwood Creek, Cave Creek and
Additional rainfall amounts up to 1 inch are possible in the
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Phoenix, Scottsdale, New River, Cave Creek, Carefree and
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.