...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is
* WHERE...A portion of Southwest California, including the following
* WHEN...Until noon PDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Flow in the Whitewater River could result in low-water
crossings near the river becoming impassable.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 1248 PM PDT, Heavy rainfall has occurred in the San
Bernardino County mountains, and water is flowing off the
mountains and into the Whitewater River. The river will
continue to have flow into this evening.
- Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 3 inches are expected
over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Southern Indio, eastern Palm Springs, Coachella, Cathedral
City, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Thermal, La Quinta, Mecca
and Indian Wells.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.