...Band of Moderate to Heavy Snowfall Late Tonight into Saturday...
.A relatively narrow band of moderate to heavy snowfall will
develop late tonight and persist into Saturday over the northern
half of Iowa. Amounts will be heaviest north of Highway 20 with a
quick drop off in amounts on the southern side of the snowfall.
The precipitation is likely to diminish later Saturday and may be
mixed with freezing drizzle at times.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT
TONIGHT TO 9 PM CST SATURDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches.
Areas of blowing snow are also expected on Saturday.
* WHERE...Portions of central into northern Iowa.
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 9 PM CST Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Cold wind chills
as low as 15 below zero could result in hypothermia if
precautions are not taken.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A brief period of freezing drizzle may
follow the heavier snowfall which may prolong travel
difficulties. In addition, snowfall amounts are likely to drop
off quickly within the southern row of counties in the advisory.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
For the latest travel conditions, check the Iowa 511 app,
www.511ia.org, or dial 511.