...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Pearl River Near Pearl River affecting St. Tammany, Hancock and
Pearl River Counties.
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Pearl River Near Bogalusa affecting St. Tammany, Washington,
Hancock and Pearl River Counties.
For the Lower Pearl River...including Bogalusa, Pearl River...Minor
flooding is forecast.
...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM THIS MORNING TO EARLY THURSDAY
* WHAT...Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Pearl River Near Pearl River.
* WHEN...From this morning to early Thursday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...At 14.0 feet, Secondary roads to the river and
throughout Honey Island Swamp are inundated. Property in the
vicinity of the gage is flooded threatening about 20 homes along
the left bank.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 6:00 AM CST Monday the stage was 14.0 feet.
- Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours
ending at 6:00 AM CST Monday was 14.0 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 14.1
feet late this afternoon. It will then fall below flood stage
- Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of
14.1 feet on 12/28/1986.
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov/lix. Click
on the Rivers and Lakes menu for forecasts and observations.
The next statement will be issued this evening.