...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Merced River at Pohono Bridge affecting Mariposa County.
.High mountain snow melt and increased reservoir releases will cause
the river flows to become high. Expect minor flooding downstream
from the dam.
For the Merced River...including Pohono Bridge...Minor flooding is
...FLOOD WARNING FOR SNOWMELT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER
* WHAT...Minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Merced River at Pohono Bridge.
* WHEN...Until further notice.
* IMPACTS...At 10.0 feet, Western portion of North Pines Campground
located at the east end of Yosemite Valley between the confluence
of the Merced River and Tenaya Creek begins to flood. Water rises
to the base of the swinging bridge downstream from Chapel Meadow.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 9:00 AM PDT Wednesday the stage was 9.7 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 10.0
feet late tonight. It will then fall below flood stage by
- Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of
9.9 feet on 02/16/1982.
Location Fld Observed Forecasts (9 am PDT)
-------- Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
Pohono Bridge 10.0 9.7 Wed 9 am PDT 9.7 9.6 9.8
Stay tuned to further developments by listening to your local radio,
television, or NOAA Weather Radio for further information.
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
The next statement will be issued Thursday morning at 1000 AM PDT.