...FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR THE POTENTIAL FAILURE OF ARKABUTLA DAM ON
THE COLDWATER RIVER REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY, JUNE 10...
* WHAT...Flash Flooding caused by a potential dam or levee failure
continues to be possible at the Arkabutla Dam on the Coldwater
* WHERE...A portion of North Mississippi, including the following
counties, Coahoma, DeSoto, Panola, Quitman, Tallahatchie, Tate and
* WHEN...Through Saturday, June 10.
* IMPACTS...Dam failure may result in flash flooding of low-lying
areas below the dam.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Information relayed by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
Dam safety experts with state and local emergency services are
monitoring the dam and will issue a public statement as conditions
warrant. PLAN NOW so you will know what to do in an emergency. Keep
informed by listening to local radio and television for statements
and possible warnings. Follow the advice of public safety officials.