...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Merced River at Pohono Bridge affecting Mariposa County.
.High mountain snow melt and increased reservoir releases will cause
the river flows to become high. Expect minor flooding downstream
from the dam.
For the Merced River...including Happy Isles, Pohono Bridge...Minor
flooding is forecast.
...FLOOD WARNING FOR SNOWMELT NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL EARLY SATURDAY
* WHAT...Minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Merced River at Pohono Bridge.
* WHEN...Until early Saturday morning.
* IMPACTS...At 10.0 feet, Western portion of North Pines Campground
located at the east end of Yosemite Valley between the confluence
of the Merced River and Tenaya Creek begins to flood. Water rises
to the base of the swinging bridge downstream from Chapel Meadow.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 9:00 AM PDT Thursday the stage was 9.7 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage
late tonight to a crest of 10.1 feet. It will then fall below
flood stage tomorrow morning.
- Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of
10.1 feet on 06/13/1996.
Location Fld Observed Forecasts (10 am PDT)
-------- Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
Pohono Bridge 10.0 9.7 Thu 9 am PDT 9.5 10.1 10.3
Stay tuned to further developments by listening to your local radio,
television, or NOAA Weather Radio for further information.
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
The next statement will be issued Friday morning at 1000 AM PDT.