...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1045 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive
rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...Los Angeles County coasts, valleys and lower mountains.
* WHEN...Until 1045 PM PDT Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Heavy rainfall could trigger shallow debris flows,
especially in and near recent wildfire burn scars. Minor flooding
is in low-lying and poor drainage areas with water ponding on area
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 437 PM PDT, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges
indicated heavy rain. This will cause urban and small stream
flooding. Between 0.5 and 2 inches of rain have fallen.
- Peak rainfall rates of 0.25 to 0.5 inches per hour and
locally higher are expected. Additional rainfall amounts of 1
to 3 inches are expected over the area. This additional rain
will result in minor flooding. Rainfall intensity is expected
to increase in the 5 to 7 pm timeframe and flash flooding
cannot be ruled out during this time.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Long Beach, Malibu, Burbank, Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood,
Beverly Hills, Culver City, Van Nuys, Inglewood, Pasadena,
Alhambra, Encino, and Santa Monica.