...The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston TX has issued a
Flood Warning for the following rivers in Texas...
San Bernard River near Boling affecting Brazoria, Wharton and
Fort Bend Counties.
For the San Bernard River...including East Bernard, Sweeny, Boling...
Minor flooding is forecast.
...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT TO SUNDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...San Bernard River near Boling.
* WHEN...From late tonight to Sunday morning.
* IMPACTS...At 18.0 feet, Minor lowland flooding begins upstream
from gage. Minor backwater flooding up Peach Creek in Wharton
County threatens low lying areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 9:15 PM CST Friday the stage was 17.0 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage
late tonight to a crest of 18.5 feet early tomorrow
afternoon. It will then fall below flood stage tomorrow
- Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of
18.5 feet on 07/27/2006.
Fld Observed Forecasts (12 am CST)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Sun Mon Tue
San Bernard River
Boling 18.0 17.0 Fri 9 pm CST 17.5 14.8 10.5
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
The next statement will be issued Saturday morning at 1000 AM CST.